Wars And Words
Certain people ride and wage a war,
Jostled by the crowds of cowards;
Certain representatives speak ill
Of those in the zone of battalions.
Some may describe a warrior of blood,
Otherwise the regions of war are far,
As these tests prove false that you are dumb,
Asking from people with words.
The wars have forced us into sadness,
Faces are turned to the realities of disaster,
Dads and mums afford for their children
Now that beef and mutton are served.
What is more sacred than the trust?
The traitors of ages that have doom
Bespoke this afternoon in the glories
Of our time, but no one forgot the tragedy.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wars And Words by Naveed Akram )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov