Water is innocent as dew.
It sparkles in the sun like new.
Water is naive and childlike as a river.
It runs along and has no bother.
Water is naughty as waves.
It tickles the feet and plays games.
Water is beautiful as rain,
and washes away all your pain
Water appears wise as a sea.
It's huge and unfathomable as can be.
Water is humble as a lake.
It has beauty simple but not fake.
Water is mysterious when deep.
Its full of fear and gives me creeps.
As a fall, it cascades,
as if breaking barriers and liberates.
As a fountain it adorns gardens and palaces,
and symbolises aristocracy, richness and success.
Water is stagnant and muddy as a puddle,
but has a core to be someone special.
maitreyee joshi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#Water by maitreyee joshi )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)