Water is innocent as dew.
It sparkles in the sun like new.
Water is naive and childlike as a river.
It runs along and has no bother.
Water is naughty as waves.
It tickles the feet and plays games.
Water is beautiful as rain,
and washes away all your pain
Water appears wise as a sea.
It's huge and unfathomable as can be.
Water is humble as a lake.
It has beauty simple but not fake.
Water is mysterious when deep.
Its full of fear and gives me creeps.
As a fall, it cascades,
as if breaking barriers and liberates.
As a fountain it adorns gardens and palaces,
and symbolises aristocracy, richness and success.
Water is stagnant and muddy as a puddle,
but has a core to be someone special.
maitreyee joshi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#Water by maitreyee joshi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian