Water! Water! Water!
(Water is precious!)
Some arrogant moneybags
believe wine act as water!
Alas, we can say-
Truth remains further!
Imagine to live
Your whole existence
will be of a 'kingly beggar'
will be a notional paper!
Alas, your untidy clothes
won’t make you dapper!
may be in shortage
will be a sheer wastage!
will bring murmur
won’t take away that odor!
Plants and animals
Will become vestiges of nature!
You would have nothing
But dead or famished neighbors!
There won’t be sea
Or bustling harbors!
You'll long for nothing
But, 'water, water and water'!
Ashish Dimri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Water! Water! Water! by Ashish Dimri )
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)