Water! Water! Water!
(Water is precious!)
Some arrogant moneybags
believe wine act as water!
Alas, we can say-
Truth remains further!
Imagine to live
Your whole existence
will be of a 'kingly beggar'
will be a notional paper!
Alas, your untidy clothes
won’t make you dapper!
may be in shortage
will be a sheer wastage!
will bring murmur
won’t take away that odor!
Plants and animals
Will become vestiges of nature!
You would have nothing
But dead or famished neighbors!
There won’t be sea
Or bustling harbors!
You'll long for nothing
But, 'water, water and water'!
Ashish Dimri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Water! Water! Water! by Ashish Dimri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Harry 'Breaker' Harbord Morant
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Love Many Ones, Again & Again., Durgapuri Babu
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Escaping the Friend Zone, Charles Hancock
- A Caged Mind, Leong Ming Loong
- Uncle Trevor's Equality Theory, rohan bendre
- Right direction, gajanan mishra
- Brother wept, hasmukh amathalal
- Not good to go with deaf ear, gajanan mishra
- TIME, Eugene Latumbo
- True to life, Cee Bea
- I Want to Hear You, Jeri Martindale
- With new ink, hasmukh amathalal