Clear undulating waves play tag
with an omnipresent seashore;
each recurring breaker burbles
sounds from an ancient beginning
ebbing back to its salty self
with rhythmic perpetuity.
Subtle unvoiced fricative sounds
echo from sandy, shallow shoals
awash with vacant tiny shells
that once dwelled in this saline soup.
Gray and white gulls hover above
receding breakers scavenging
in a cacophonous frenzy.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waves by Albert Ahearn )
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery