~ We Are Fire And Ice ~*
We are fire and ice - ice and fire. Two
different entities, that entice desire.
Once frozen I was, in the sea of love.
No hope for me in store.
You came along '' Your fire '' was strong
and ice I was, no more.
Opposites attract and that's a fact. Our love
proves it's true!
Though different, we were always meant
to be. 'Twas destiny that I meet you.
Fire and ice - ice and fire, though opposites
we be. If we had not ever, come together.
I would still be drifting in the sea of love. Just
another lonely glacier - drifting aimlessly...
Thad Wilk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ We Are Fire And Ice ~* by Thad Wilk )
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)