~ We Are Fire And Ice ~*
We are fire and ice - ice and fire. Two
different entities, that entice desire.
Once frozen I was, in the sea of love.
No hope for me in store.
You came along '' Your fire '' was strong
and ice I was, no more.
Opposites attract and that's a fact. Our love
proves it's true!
Though different, we were always meant
to be. 'Twas destiny that I meet you.
Fire and ice - ice and fire, though opposites
we be. If we had not ever, come together.
I would still be drifting in the sea of love. Just
another lonely glacier - drifting aimlessly...
Thad Wilk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ We Are Fire And Ice ~* by Thad Wilk )
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)