We Are The Ones
We shoot students don't we?
We do divide and conquer, don't we?
God sent Americans, asked them to kill.
We nurtured him and did he ever grow!
Then came the time to act.
We toppled what had fast become a plague.
We launched a purge,
and, later on, a surge.
We are the new gendarmes.
Soldiers of righteousness.
We carry bibles and big guns
to make the world a better place.
We are the chosen ones.
Please show your proof
a good portfolio will do.
But nothing less.
Dedicated to the thousands of American lives sacrificed for nothing.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Are The Ones by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)