We Are The Ones
We shoot students don't we?
We do divide and conquer, don't we?
God sent Americans, asked them to kill.
We nurtured him and did he ever grow!
Then came the time to act.
We toppled what had fast become a plague.
We launched a purge,
and, later on, a surge.
We are the new gendarmes.
Soldiers of righteousness.
We carry bibles and big guns
to make the world a better place.
We are the chosen ones.
Please show your proof
a good portfolio will do.
But nothing less.
Dedicated to the thousands of American lives sacrificed for nothing.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Are The Ones by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Little Girl, Kyle Schlicher
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno