Lillian Susan Thomas
*We Fit Together
The wall is cold against my back
Your body warms me.
We fit together, you and I,
Like a cup and saucer.
When we embrace snugly.
My head belongs in the nook beneath your chin,
Until you pick me up.
Now the insides of my knees
Rest on your arms:
We fit fossa to fossa,
As my legs cling to your hips.
The weight of your body pressed to mine
Is the weight of your love -
Comforting in its pressure -
I am shaken by the pounding of your pulse,
As your heart nestles in mine with room to grow.
And my hands curl inside of yours.
We are Matrioshka,
The wooden stacking dolls,
All of my parts nest inside of you
Just as all of yours fit inside of me,
Enveloping each other.
You are the yolk,
The golden silent core,
Floating in the white albumen ocean
That is my soul which washes serenely
Against the protective shell
You surround me with.
Now our hearts are matching tempo,
Our bodies call to each other
Across the no-man's land of shadows,
“Do you want to dance? ”
Sliding on a thin film of sweat where our skin meets,
I ride your passion homeward.
Lillian Susan Thomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*We Fit Together by Lillian Susan Thomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Washed Farther Downstream, mary douglas
- Love lasts forever, Tiku akp
- The Book Town, David Harris
- THEIR HAPPINESS IS OURS AND OURS IS THEI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- aaz rawiwar hai, Upendra Singh
- Life As A Feather, Richard Provencher
- The Brocades Spilling Out From Your Baza.., mary douglas
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken