We Give Them Our Power
From them only negative stuff we do hear
They tell us who to trust and tell us who to fear
We want to believe the lies to us they tell
They promise Utopia and give us Earthly Hell.
We want to believe every word that they say
And for to cling to power they create us and they
We help to create our own reality
The blind in the light of day never do see.
Their pre election promises they never do keep
We give them our power and we follow like sheep
They tell us who to fear and them we believe
And they laugh behind our backs and us they deceive.
Through false patriotism to power they do cling
And the praises of war heroes they gladly do sing
They cling on to power and they cheat and they lie
Whilst in the wars they created the innocents die.
Poet Other Poems
- 01-Of 01 Of 07
- A Ballad Of Clifton Hill
- A Ballad Of The Bayswater Hotel
- A Ballad Of Wasted Years
- A Beautiful Day
- A Beautiful Day In December
- A Beautiful Day In October
- A Beautiful Day In Winter
- A Beautiful Day Of Twenty Five Degrees
- A Beautiful Evening
- A Beautiful Evening Of Sunshine And Bree...
- A Beautiful March Day
- A Beautiful Morning In May
- A Beautiful Night In September
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.