We Have the Freedom of Speech dont we?
The tide rolls out into the
Never ending sea of despair
Why must this be?
How can we be who we want to be?
If we are denied to speak
To be a part of the flourish of life
What right does anyone have?
To deny us the right to speak
From our hearts
From our soul
Words are a paint brush on life
If you use them right
Words can be abound with imagination
Or stories untold
We express who we are
How we feel
Through living breathing words
It is who a poet is meant to be
Do not deny us that God given right
Let us be who ever we want to be
Let us speak in rhymes and words
I am a poet hear my words
We have the freedom of speech don’t we
©Kaila George 2013
Kaila George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We Have the Freedom of Speech dont we? by Kaila George )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar