Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
We know violets are blue (cavatina)
We know violets are blue, roses are red,
some hollyhocks are pink and indistinct
I do love you,
unlike flowers words sometimes do fail me,
with feelings true
yet something reaches out to your centre-core
changing us more and more as we adore.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.