Welfare Was Never Meant To Be Permanent
Is there dignity,
Who don't seem to care
What of the welfare?
Life is said to be fair
But is it too fair?
When we do have to
sleep empty in stomach
Told that too much is a waste
But do we have to taste?
What of the state?
That don't seem to care
What of us on welfare?
The ones who can't share
Is there any fun in death of us?
Who live in pain
And die in vain
Only to realize that there was no gain
What is said to be life
When we survive by one knife
When we are told home is where
our heart is
But our heart is not at ease
When you are told,
by those who are cold
Who sell us
Maybe we were never sold
because Welfare was never meant
to be permanent
But we survive by it
And worst part is that we
don't have parents...............
Brandon Nyandoro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welfare Was Never Meant To Be Permanent by Brandon Nyandoro )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai