What am I?
If you close your eyes
Can you feel me sitting on your shoulder?
Does my smell fill your senses
Can you touch my soul?
Am I torture?
Am I a maddening itch you can't scratch away
Or that wonderful feeling at the break of day
What am I to you?
Do I make your heart thunder?
When I walk away do you watch until I disappear?
Does this craziness fill you with untold fear
Does it excite you?
If you lay down.
And try to forget, do I crawl 'neath your skin?
Do you toss and turn, does sleep evade you?
A battle you can't win?
Am I a witch?
Or do you hear butterflies when I speak?
Drink in my breath on your cheek
Do you want to hold my hand?
Do you feel joy?
Or is it all a burdening pain, a heavy ache
Do I confuse you until you don't know yourself?
What will you stake?
Do you want me?
Does your spirit tingle when I'm near?
Does my name form an endearment on your lips....
Or a scream, my dear.....
Do you respect me?
Are you in awe of me, or do you laugh?
Am I confusing, too complicated or...
A summer's lark...
Does your mind cloud
When you talk to me, are you dizzy?
Do you feel as high as the mountains?
Or low as the sea....
What do I mean?
What am I worth, do I deserve jewels of love?
Heat when the earth freezes, Moonlight
In the dark night?
Am I cotton candy..
At the funfair, hope in despair
A light at the end of the tunnel
An aura of love.....
What am I to you?
All and none of the above, just a phantom?
Or a real person with a tender heart
That loved you from the start....
Michelle Tiddy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What am I? by Michelle Tiddy )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
- The StrongMan's Lethal, Sir Toby
- My answer that will stand for Nation, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Hunger - never, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow