What am I?
My temper flares in an instant
I have no control of my emotions
I go from happy to sad with one word
It runs in the bloodline
so could I be infected?
The craziness is starting to show
I'm losing my cool
is it teenage moods
or something deeper
I do enjoy sunsets
I still laugh with many friends
Life isn't bad at all
But ridicule at home tends to be too much
And after all the assaults they wonder why
Why I want to cry or pound my fist
They think I'm sullen
But wouldn't you be too?
So what am I?
Am I the monster or the angel
Or just what's in between...
Christina Byrd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What am I? by Christina Byrd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enough Hate, Michael McParland
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael McParland
- Electricity, Michael McParland
- In The Summer After "Issue Year&quo.., Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Fearing dark, gajanan mishra
- Haidouk Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- My Country's Mine, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Land, Nikola Vaptsarov
- My Country, Nikola Vaptsarov