What Are You?
People are like the catapult,
The more you pull with effort,
The longest distance they target.
People are like the rubber bands,
The more you twist and elongate,
They get snapped into bits.
People are like the jute,
They work hard all their life,
Get retired at their old age.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Are You? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage