Thomas Quentin Sims
what comes for everyone?
for better and or worse
this is what you get
could be karma or a curse
there's a cause for the effect
it could always still get worse
because it's not over yet
running and running
is there a way to
get away, a way you
can get out?
why do you run?
it comes for everyone
when it's bad, it's too much
and it's all that you can take
when it's good, it's not enough
and you still try to escape
the pressure is building up
if you can't bend you're gonna break
(2009, New Orleans, LA, USA)
Thomas Quentin Sims's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (what comes for everyone? by Thomas Quentin Sims )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- O Seductress Of Mine, Folayemi Akande
- if the sun blows up, come find me, Mandolyn ...
- Midnight (i), binod bastola
- summer at grub street, lee fones
- Facebook, Phil Soar
- In Back Of The Bar, Kyle Schlicher
- Mad Moles, Phil Soar
- Hacked Off, Phil Soar
- punch the clock if you can make a fist, Mandolyn ...
- Tom The Badger, Phil Soar