I dreamt of autumn in the window's twilight,
And you, a tipsy jesters' throng amidst. '
And like a falcon, having stooped to slaughter,
My heart returned to settle on your wrist.
But time went on, grew old and deaf. Like thawing
Soft ice old silk decayed on easy chairs.
A bloated sunset from the garden painted
The glass with bloody red September tears.
But time grew old and deaf. And you, the loud one,
Quite suddenly were still. This broke a spell.
The dreaming ceased at once, as though in answer
To an abruptly silenced bell.
And I awakened. Dismal as the autumn
The dawn was dark. A stronger wind arose
To chase the racing birchtrees on the skyline,
As from a running cart the streams of straws.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream by Boris Pasternak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Guru Purnima, Hardik Vaidya
- Lanes, john tiong chunghoo
- T'U KTHEVA, O DET …, skender iljaz braka
- Trishtim i bukurisë, skender iljaz braka
- Tingujt e harruar.., skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 22, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prej luftës jam kthyer.., skender iljaz braka
- dhe une vdes per ty, skender iljaz braka
- The Picture Again..., John Ugolo Umah
- If It Weren't For …… [HUMAN PROCREATIO.., Bri Edwards