What does christmas mean to you? ?
'Melissa' my sister Sophia says,
'What does christmas mean to you? '
A little girl about the age of seven replies
'Christmas is the time you get to spend with your family
And experience the joy of giving.'
No matter how true this was
doesnt mean it will ever happen again
For, that night as we were tapingour christmas
and our 'everlasting joy
Our opening presents
the unearthly presence
The one that covers wach girl and boy
Little did we know
that this would be
our last time
For after that
we drifted apart
moving from eachother
And the we lost sophia our darling sister
And then we lost our mother.
We never had another christmas
Where we sat around a tree
I never got to see that joy again
Wat least not inside of me
So what does christmas mean to you?
Now take time to really think
Hold on tight to that idea
and never let it sink.
Melissa Ferrer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What does christmas mean to you? ? by Melissa Ferrer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1924 - 2000)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes