WHAT GIFT DO I GIVE?
When the question arises
what gift do I give?
to those who I love,
to those who I cherish,
I want my gift to last,
to be valued and used,
not forgotten or perish.
to a friend gift LOYALTY
it will weather over the years,
it will be shared in happy times,
it will be sought in times of fears.
to parents gift DEVOTION
they tended you while you grew,
they now need your support,
like a flower needs sunshine and dew.
to a mate gift unflinching LOVE
and faithfulness steady and true,
and you will get back loyalty,
and love that is your due.
to a child gift an EXAMPLE
of values that lead him right
principles that mould character
and make him honest and upright
to a sister gift SUPPORT
around childhood memories
that bound you fast,
gift ties.that only strengthen with time.
and love that will always last.
to a brother gift RESPECT
that he values and lives up to,
he'll be your guardian in times of need
someone to look up to.
such gifts have limitless value
they will stay a lifetime and more,
they will fashion a person from inside out,
and purify the very core.
Material things have limited life,
they will be forgotten or wither away,
but these precious gifts will shine so bright,
like a lighthouse which
lost ships....the way
Like · · Promote · Share
Arti Chopra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHAT GIFT DO I GIVE? by Arti Chopra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis