Theresa Ann Moore
What If We Had Never Met?
A series of events, none of it planned…
Made the components of our lives expand.
When feelings of closeness grew from thin air.
Doubts vanished when we decided to declare.
Days turned into years and life seemed supreme.
Everything was completely right; it was like a dream.
Not long after our love brought children into existence,
Reality and responsibility gave way to resistance.
Your interests seemed to deviate and you started to stray.
You were searching for something new, yet chose to stay.
You were gone for days at time, but always returned…
I struggled while holding things together, we endured…
Finally there was no longer enough love to mend the mess.
The end of Eternity came much sooner than I could guess.
Glorious Love turned frighteningly cold and unpredictable.
Everything turned painfully cruel and completely intolerable.
There are things that I still preciously embrace and respect.
Also, I remember times when I was very confused and upset.
I knew I had to be strong and make my way without you.
I knew you would be looking for a way to start over too.
I never forgot what we had, as we separated and said bye.
You are gone and I have mixed emotions that do not die.
I wonder what would have happened if we had never met…
Would life have been better? Would there be no regret?
Theresa Ann Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If We Had Never Met? by Theresa Ann Moore )
- Gulls in the Wind, Betsy Sholl
- Let the Rain begin, Antonio Liao
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Heather Burns
(1923 - 1998)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)