Theresa Ann Moore
What If We Had Never Met?
A series of events, none of it planned…
Made the components of our lives expand.
When feelings of closeness grew from thin air.
Doubts vanished when we decided to declare.
Days turned into years and life seemed supreme.
Everything was completely right; it was like a dream.
Not long after our love brought children into existence,
Reality and responsibility gave way to resistance.
Your interests seemed to deviate and you started to stray.
You were searching for something new, yet chose to stay.
You were gone for days at time, but always returned…
I struggled while holding things together, we endured…
Finally there was no longer enough love to mend the mess.
The end of Eternity came much sooner than I could guess.
Glorious Love turned frighteningly cold and unpredictable.
Everything turned painfully cruel and completely intolerable.
There are things that I still preciously embrace and respect.
Also, I remember times when I was very confused and upset.
I knew I had to be strong and make my way without you.
I knew you would be looking for a way to start over too.
I never forgot what we had, as we separated and said bye.
You are gone and I have mixed emotions that do not die.
I wonder what would have happened if we had never met…
Would life have been better? Would there be no regret?
Theresa Ann Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If We Had Never Met? by Theresa Ann Moore )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal
- Dread, Leong Ming Loong
- Stars, 1000 Miles
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai