Bijay Kant Dubey
What Is Indian Englsih Poetry? (From A Religious Perspective)
What is poetry?
Poetry is Indianness, the theme of Indianness
In the process of Indianization,
Full of Indiannism, Indian words and vocabulary.
A religious exercise, discourse is it,
Scriptural and referential,
Inclusive of Indology and Orientalism
And Asiatic researches.
A study of the sacred Vedas, the Upanishadas and the Puranas,
The Ramayana and the Mahabharata,
The Durgasaptasati, is it.
Hindu gods and heroes,
Hindu gods and goddesses,
With the images and pictures
Of Kali, Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswati,
Brahma, Vishnu, Maheshwara,
Ganesha and Kartikeya, abound in.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Indian Englsih Poetry? (From A Religious Perspective) by Bijay Kant Dubey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan