What Is My Dilemma
My heart doth whimper,
No lachrymatory to hold the gush of eyes.
So much to say,
Will I be able to hear what 'I' have to say.
My inner drive so stabile,
How do I take any stand.
Am I scared of being responsible;
Or being thought as responsible.
Am I scared of the expectations I have for myself;
Or expectations others have for me.
Am I scared of a heart-break;
Or breaking a heart.
Am I dreaming.
Well its good.
But am I dreaming some one else's dream..
What about my dreams?
Am I restraining myself from achieving something.
Or am I restraining myself fom achieving something I dont believe in.
Then what is stopping me to achieve what I believe in..
Is it the dream which I never saw.
Is it the expectations I never had.
Is it the responsibility I was not meant for.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is My Dilemma by Salma Laskar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad
- Kill not, kill not, gajanan mishra
- Too filmy, hasmukh amathalal
- What is life we know not, gajanan mishra
- Liberties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Somebody is Shooting Our Children, Hebert Logerie