Bijay Kant Dubey
What Is Poetry? What Do You See In?
What is poetry, if ask you, I shall say,
Poetry is images,
The images and reflections
Of Kali, Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati,
The Motherly Consciousness
Incarnating as to annihilate and lessen sin on earth
In the form of Kali, representing anger and wrath against
And as Durga the Battle-queen,
Representing Valour, the clash and jingle of swords.
In my poetry, make I the images of Kali, Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati,
See I them making the idols of clay,
Painting and colouring them,
The sculptors sculpting out
Of stone, cement and others.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Poetry? What Do You See In? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal