What is this?
The era is 6000 AD
Last millennium silence was the ruler
Some new islands shaped in time
Now here exist few
They are keen to explore the past
They start to trench the past
Once life was here any way
How all vanished and emptied
Though asked to the near
Its fatigue that controls his brain
They trench the ocean
They dig the land and audit the air
Mine the land and find many things
Dig sea and find fossils
Examine air and they name molecule
They calculated and interpreted
Every where some common thing
What is this?
Fossil sells are huge in size
Some colorless polymer everywhere
They locate the name in some plastic hub
Its plastic, plastic everywhere
Even in stomach of fossils! ! ! !
Our past perished due to the uncontrollable usage of plastic and allied things
©2014 SALINI.S.NAIR. All rights reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is this? by SALINI NAIR )
Did you read them?
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister