What Mad Pursuit...
The face forever screaming, running forward
The mouth forever open always screaming,
The cardinal encased in his glass cupboard,
Forever trapped, forever haunts our dreaming.
Title from Ode on a Grecian Urn, John Keats
Paintings by Edvard Munch, Francis Bacon.
Linda Hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Mad Pursuit... by Linda Hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...