What Makes A Small Child So Wonderful?
What makes a small child so wonderful?
She runs around like crazy
And its hard to keep up with her-
She too often says, “No” and “I don’t want to”
She starts one game and before it is really begun
Throws it away and makes yet more disorder-
She doesn’t listen when she is told to hold on
Going down the stairs
She cannot count straight
And repeatedly says 'Two, three eight'
She fakes crying just to not have to do
What she has been asked to do-
She has no idea of why I and everyone else around her
Love her so much
She laughs and laughs suddenly
Without any real reason-
She is just another small little child
Like all the other two – year olds in the world
But when she smiles at you
And when she says ‘Saba’
All you are is simply Joy and Happiness-
She doesn’t even know she does it
But she lights up your world
As no one else can -
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes A Small Child So Wonderful? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi