What's in a bird?
whay's in a bird,
that everybody wants to be
in their second life?
what's in a horse,
that everybody wants to ride
when the bird fails to fly?
what's in a fish,
that everybody wants to have
when the horse gets tired of running?
and, what's in the world,
that everybody wants to...
just to leave everything behind?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What's in a bird? by shadow ...art )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin
- Purpose, Kela LewisMorin
- Love, Kela LewisMorin
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin