When you feel lost or scared,
you may just be lonely.
When you are sad, but no ones
you’re really just lonely.
When a great rush of nothing
spreads all over you,
you know that you’re lonely.
When you tremble inside and are about to cry,
you are only lonely.
But when you’ve got a friend,
you are not lonely.
If you are standing side by side,
with some great friends like mine,
you know you’ll never be lonely.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When by Elyssa Mathy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Raymond J Wright
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson