When All The Trees
When all the trees are tall and still
and Sun is shouldered on a hill,
Shadows drench a cooling gully
and nocturnal eyes begin to stir.
When all the wings of day are rested
and talk of roosts by owners tested,
Fear of enemies concedes to sleep
and dark conceals its masses.
When all the hearts in unison beat
and world's in silence are replete,
Uniformly all are equal as by magic
and little animals start their night.
When all the hunters stalk night prey
and quarry seek out gifts of day,
Fragments from the hectic lighted
and waste from haste abounds.
When all the raptors spy and swoop
and snatch a scurrier in their coup,
Gullets swell or offspring sated
and life rolls on its drama.
When all the gatherers fill and load
and larders swell in cramped abode,
They live to rest another day
and skilled to favour the bold.
When all the trees in milk light shimmer
and Moon is rising all a glimmer,
Pale beams wax a cautious gully,
and diurnal eyes do not stir.
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When All The Trees by Danny Draper )
- Normal, Foster Teegarden
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #14, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #13, Ronjoy Brahma
- Duty, Obligation, love-optional, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Need not stuff, hasmukh amathalal
- Lonely Hearts, Sandra Feldman
- Strikethrough, Foster Teegarden
- How the Masters Roll~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)