When Depression Owns the Heart.........
.......It's a depression so deep it finds a way into the Soul,
traveling through every pore of your Heart.
A depression so enlarged, it encompasses every bit
of your Reality,
leaving that Reality, a mere cloudy memory.
A depression so dense, it compresses every will
you once had,
bowing you down to accept that will, as it's own.
A depression so devious it takes you piece by piece,
consuming, each piece,
day by day.
A depression so truly disheartening,
it Leaves You,
with no other emotions.
A depression so dangerous,
DARREL KINCAID's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Depression Owns the Heart......... by DARREL KINCAID )
- Smart enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Coexistence, hasmukh amathalal
- Internet Trolls, Is It Poetry
- Isolation, Arno Le Roux
- Gramps Is Still Nuts about Granny, Donal Mahoney
- A SCARE COMES BACK, Satish Verma
- End of harvest, Nassy Fesharaki
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)