When Depression Owns the Heart.........
.......It's a depression so deep it finds a way into the Soul,
traveling through every pore of your Heart.
A depression so enlarged, it encompasses every bit
of your Reality,
leaving that Reality, a mere cloudy memory.
A depression so dense, it compresses every will
you once had,
bowing you down to accept that will, as it's own.
A depression so devious it takes you piece by piece,
consuming, each piece,
day by day.
A depression so truly disheartening,
it Leaves You,
with no other emotions.
A depression so dangerous,
DARREL KINCAID's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Depression Owns the Heart......... by DARREL KINCAID )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)