When I Am Gone
Don't weep for me when I am gone,
Hold each other close and carry on.
I loved you all each and everyone,
At last I now join my beloved son.
The day he left me my heart was broken,
I wasn't there to hear his last words spoken.
All through this life my heart was sore,
My dearest son's face I would see no more.
A heart that is broken will never mend,
The pain is with you right to the end.
How much I missed him could never be told,
This only son of mine who never grew old.
When at last I see him once again,
Only then will my heart be free from pain.
We'll hold each other close never more to part,
There will be no more tears only joy in our hearts.
Don't weep for me when life is done,
Be happy for me I'm now with my son.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Am Gone by Elizabeth Tees )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak