When I Am Gone
Don't weep for me when I am gone,
Hold each other close and carry on.
I loved you all each and everyone,
At last I now join my beloved son.
The day he left me my heart was broken,
I wasn't there to hear his last words spoken.
All through this life my heart was sore,
My dearest son's face I would see no more.
A heart that is broken will never mend,
The pain is with you right to the end.
How much I missed him could never be told,
This only son of mine who never grew old.
When at last I see him once again,
Only then will my heart be free from pain.
We'll hold each other close never more to part,
There will be no more tears only joy in our hearts.
Don't weep for me when life is done,
Be happy for me I'm now with my son.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Am Gone by Elizabeth Tees )
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)