When Poetry is with me
I am the ablest soul on earth
like Hercules or Suryasut Karna
when poetry is not with me
I am just remains of burnt papers.
When poetry blesses me
with its favor of earmark.
I need no other blessing then
recesses of my being overspills
with joy ineffable!
My sky begins to sing songs
of interminable daybreak
I become a gala of pure feelings
suffused with efflorescence of life.
When poetry leaves me alone
dead and decaying leaves of negations
spread over in my talent's garden
I become a singed wall
which was once bedecked
by fine letters of arcane moments.
When poetry denies me
I am no less than the woman
who's had hysterectomy.
Nothingness exudes through
every pore of my existence
and cosmic hollowness fills me.
When poetry stands by me
life gets even lovelier and
by far worthy of living
truth dawns upon me
and curiosity snowballs
for unfolding still a greater truth.
When poetry is with me...
Madhav Sarkunde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Poetry.... by Madhav Sarkunde )
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love In The Guise Of Friendship, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)