When the grass withers
When I see just a ray of sunlight,
I shall no longer call it night.
When in the beam my vision blurs,
I will not loose sight.
As I watch the hours go by,
My heart won't sink into the past,
I shall rise above the fleeting time
And gather the broken shards...
The shards of my then, my now, my never.
And move along ahead
But my story must go on,
Until I script its end.
When the grass withers in shade
I shall look to the blooming flower
When I loose my way in turns
I shall walk in faith
My fight is not with you
My war is against Destiny
I shall not give in, I won't let go,
My struggle also lies deep within.
When I feel the darkness
Closing in on me,
Know, that with every breath
That, I count my last......
I shall resist the pain
That bore my heart down,
That turned every cold breath into a sigh.
I shall still look to a future,
That steals me away from the dark,
Or I shall steal from the darkness,
And let my heart ease into a fresh start.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When the grass withers by shona sengupta )
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Taking cover., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unclothing Her, Do You Want To Photograp.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)