When the grass withers
When I see just a ray of sunlight,
I shall no longer call it night.
When in the beam my vision blurs,
I will not loose sight.
As I watch the hours go by,
My heart won't sink into the past,
I shall rise above the fleeting time
And gather the broken shards...
The shards of my then, my now, my never.
And move along ahead
But my story must go on,
Until I script its end.
When the grass withers in shade
I shall look to the blooming flower
When I loose my way in turns
I shall walk in faith
My fight is not with you
My war is against Destiny
I shall not give in, I won't let go,
My struggle also lies deep within.
When I feel the darkness
Closing in on me,
Know, that with every breath
That, I count my last......
I shall resist the pain
That bore my heart down,
That turned every cold breath into a sigh.
I shall still look to a future,
That steals me away from the dark,
Or I shall steal from the darkness,
And let my heart ease into a fresh start.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When the grass withers by shona sengupta )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak