When Was I....
When was I a loner walking down the street,
tipping my black hat to everyone I meet?
When was I a poor girl, sitting on a log,
trying to catch my little brother a green bull frog?
When was I a writer, writing in my book,
Finding things to write about with every glance I took?
When was I a flower swaying in the wind,
Being stepped on by all those who sinned?
When was I? .....
Originally written: March 8,1988
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Dedicated to Jeannine Schiavoni 1949-2012
Comments about this poem (When Was I.... by Kathleen HarriganRoss )
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
- 17 Year Engagement, Saiom Shriver
- Beauty, Nishi Kumari
- The World, Tony Adah
- Reflections, Abekah Emmanuel
- New breeze, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)