Obed dela Cruz
When We Forgive
Everybody has been hurt,
Everybody’s felt the pain,
And what we experience
May cause our feelings to drain.
Soon we find ourselves lonely
Soon our hearts grow dark and cold
We find our love is empty
When there’s too much angst we hold.
But what if I tell you now
This is something God can heal
If we’ll fill ourselves with what
Forgiveness can make us feel.
Because we will have release
At the moment we forgive.
In our pursuit of freedom,
This is a gift we’ll receive.
When we do this, it will feel
Like we’re on a mountaintop
Where we are free to unload
Of the things we need to drop.
It is like flying above
Raging waters of the sea –
We can see and hear them but
To pursue life we are free.
(May 6,2013; Marikina City)
(For more details and about the poem, please email the author at email@example.com)
Copyright © 2013 by Prince Obed de la Cruz
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When We Forgive by Obed dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Life, Michael McParland
- The Comrade's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Dream, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spain, Nikola Vaptsarov
- ONE MORE ANNIVERSARY, Satish Verma
- A Love Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Enough Hate, Michael McParland
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael McParland
- Electricity, Michael McParland
- In The Summer After "Issue Year&quo.., Roberta Hill Whiteman