Where Has My Mother Gone?
Where has my mother gone? I haven't heard from her,
no letters and no phone calls,
When autumn winds begin to blow,
I think of her even more,
I held my mother's hands,
Warm, hard, tight, hard working hands.
On a windy night, I was scared and lonely.
My mother held me tightly, and we slept together,
More than anyone else, my mother prayed
For my complete happiness.
I saw her a year ago, sleeping so soundly.
Couldn't bear to wake her, I kissed her.
I hope you live long-----long, I want to see you again.
I stared at my mother's face,
Her face reflecting a hard, hard life,
I called mother! Mother!
There is no answer, only an echo from far away
Where has my mother gone?
Cold, Cold, Autumn winds.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Has My Mother Gone? by Fusayo Butko )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid