Where Has My Mother Gone?
Where has my mother gone? I haven't heard from her,
no letters and no phone calls,
When autumn winds begin to blow,
I think of her even more,
I held my mother's hands,
Warm, hard, tight, hard working hands.
On a windy night, I was scared and lonely.
My mother held me tightly, and we slept together,
More than anyone else, my mother prayed
For my complete happiness.
I saw her a year ago, sleeping so soundly.
Couldn't bear to wake her, I kissed her.
I hope you live long-----long, I want to see you again.
I stared at my mother's face,
Her face reflecting a hard, hard life,
I called mother! Mother!
There is no answer, only an echo from far away
Where has my mother gone?
Cold, Cold, Autumn winds.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Has My Mother Gone? by Fusayo Butko )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns
- 100- - 1- - .00001, douglas scotney
- Venereal, Edward Kofi Louis
- Size XXL, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Interpretations Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Great Geometric Inflation, douglas scotney
- My Dream, RISHAD MKPNR