Where O Where?
WHERE O WHERE? - Ed Iacona
On a hot and steamy summer night,
While eating Italian lemon Ices,
I thought again of the dismal plight
Caused by her Mid-Life Crises.
Say what you will to defend your 'change'
Deep inside you know what's true.
Our lives you hurt and made re-arrange
Yet my prayers ask, Where are YOU?
You said you aren't living your life
For your children and me too.
You sought escape as mom and wife
Still I question, Where are YOU?
In nature all birds leave the nest
But before they take to the blue
Two parents teach them to be their best
I'm here. Where are YOU?
So, Maysie, am I your Horton?
I'm still caring after you flew.
Trying to balance on a branch
And wondering, Where are YOU?
You left your family to seek your 'light'.
That is what you said was true.
Yet, one wonders how you sleep at night
We're here, Where are YOU?
Our daughter is in all honors,
Taking college level Spanish too...
Yo tengo un pregunta grande,
¿Adonde estabas tu?
All the shades of their growing up,
No matter what we go through,
Should be part of our family's loving cup
But sadly, Where are YOU?
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where O Where? by Edward Iacona )
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)