Where O Where?
WHERE O WHERE? - Ed Iacona
On a hot and steamy summer night,
While eating Italian lemon Ices,
I thought again of the dismal plight
Caused by her Mid-Life Crises.
Say what you will to defend your 'change'
Deep inside you know what's true.
Our lives you hurt and made re-arrange
Yet my prayers ask, Where are YOU?
You said you aren't living your life
For your children and me too.
You sought escape as mom and wife
Still I question, Where are YOU?
In nature all birds leave the nest
But before they take to the blue
Two parents teach them to be their best
I'm here. Where are YOU?
So, Maysie, am I your Horton?
I'm still caring after you flew.
Trying to balance on a branch
And wondering, Where are YOU?
You left your family to seek your 'light'.
That is what you said was true.
Yet, one wonders how you sleep at night
We're here, Where are YOU?
Our daughter is in all honors,
Taking college level Spanish too...
Yo tengo un pregunta grande,
¿Adonde estabas tu?
All the shades of their growing up,
No matter what we go through,
Should be part of our family's loving cup
But sadly, Where are YOU?
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where O Where? by Edward Iacona )
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)