Where To Begin Again?
Where to begin again?
And how to begin again?
When others and the odds say
I will never be able to begin again-
How? When there seems no way
How? When within me there is no sign
How? When Weakness is more with me than before
How? I don’t know-
Against then the odds
And against the strength I have
In some way I do not understand
By the help of God perhaps-
I must go into what I do not know
And must try to create again-
I don’t know
These words are not the new beginning
But only a small poem of a kind
I have written many times before-
I have no evidence
I am not sure
I will try to begin again
I don’t know.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where To Begin Again? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar