O break you waves, break
Over the sandy beach in the bay
That I may hear you speak
Of the oceans great story today.
The fisherman, his line out to sea,
The boy flying his kite on high,
People on the ferry do see
The Mumbles go sliding by.
O for the touch of your tiny hand
Never more to be held so dearly,
The walk along the beach so grand,
My mind on softer times so clearly.
Only the wind and waves do speak
Telling me their tales of travelling far,
The wind over my head does streak
With the waves crashing over the bar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whispers by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak