I waz whitemailed
By a white witch,
Wid white magic
An white lies,
Branded by a white sheep
I slaved as a whitesmith
Near a white spot
Where I suffered whitewater fever.
Whitelisted as a whiteleg
I waz in de white book
As a master of white art,
It waz like white death.
People called me white jack
Some hailed me as a white wog,
So I joined de white watch
Trained as a white guard
Lived off the white economy.
Caught and beaten by de whiteshirts
I waz condemned to a white mass,
I shall be writing to de Black House.
Benjamin Zephaniah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Comedy by Benjamin Zephaniah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Decisions Decisions, Ronald Chapman
- Jane Kha Kha Tu Bas Gya…………………………, sonali kumari
- The Last Lie, Bruce Weigl
- December (Acrostic Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Prophecy in Action, Terrance Tracy
- Worshiping Apollo, Daniel Brick
- Bahaki-Bahaki Bate…………………….., sonali kumari
- May, Bruce Weigl
- Har Pal Bas Tum Hi Ho………………, sonali kumari
- Desire, IBRAHIM YEKU