Who Am I?
What do you see?
Is it me?
When you stare in my eyes do you see?
Is it me?
Or is it a mask to which i hide from you?
But is it?
I am blind to this world around me
But to the things unseen
I truly see what is to be
My heart has never been to keen
But my mind is a sharp as a nail
but my soul is as riped as the veil
Time plays tricks to your mind
Always wondering and pondering new thoughts
wisdom is what my mind stalks
To many times have i pondered
Who am I?
To little time have i wondered
What am I?
Am i the man they claim to see
This darkened mess with no glee
Yet i sit hear with my mind so clear
wondering if they see what is in a mirror
I toy with ever thought with every parable i speak
yet i see nothing wrong with being weak, being meek
So who am I, why don't you tell me
Can't you see?
Im a man who loves to preach
yet what do you see that is free?
I am not guilty of any lie any sin
For my God died to give me that win
So who are you to see, and judge
And who am i to know who i am
For my life isn't to know who i am
But to change who i am
Life is meaningless the Teacher quotes
So who i am is not who i am, but what i am
im a follower, thats who i am
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Branden Aeling )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)