Who Am I?
What do you see?
Is it me?
When you stare in my eyes do you see?
Is it me?
Or is it a mask to which i hide from you?
But is it?
I am blind to this world around me
But to the things unseen
I truly see what is to be
My heart has never been to keen
But my mind is a sharp as a nail
but my soul is as riped as the veil
Time plays tricks to your mind
Always wondering and pondering new thoughts
wisdom is what my mind stalks
To many times have i pondered
Who am I?
To little time have i wondered
What am I?
Am i the man they claim to see
This darkened mess with no glee
Yet i sit hear with my mind so clear
wondering if they see what is in a mirror
I toy with ever thought with every parable i speak
yet i see nothing wrong with being weak, being meek
So who am I, why don't you tell me
Can't you see?
Im a man who loves to preach
yet what do you see that is free?
I am not guilty of any lie any sin
For my God died to give me that win
So who are you to see, and judge
And who am i to know who i am
For my life isn't to know who i am
But to change who i am
Life is meaningless the Teacher quotes
So who i am is not who i am, but what i am
im a follower, thats who i am
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Branden Aeling )
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
- Good but naughty, hasmukh amathalal
- Cool Storms, Emily Krauss
- Total Cigarette, Emily Krauss
- Nasty Lucy, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)