Who Am I?
What do you see?
Is it me?
When you stare in my eyes do you see?
Is it me?
Or is it a mask to which i hide from you?
But is it?
I am blind to this world around me
But to the things unseen
I truly see what is to be
My heart has never been to keen
But my mind is a sharp as a nail
but my soul is as riped as the veil
Time plays tricks to your mind
Always wondering and pondering new thoughts
wisdom is what my mind stalks
To many times have i pondered
Who am I?
To little time have i wondered
What am I?
Am i the man they claim to see
This darkened mess with no glee
Yet i sit hear with my mind so clear
wondering if they see what is in a mirror
I toy with ever thought with every parable i speak
yet i see nothing wrong with being weak, being meek
So who am I, why don't you tell me
Can't you see?
Im a man who loves to preach
yet what do you see that is free?
I am not guilty of any lie any sin
For my God died to give me that win
So who are you to see, and judge
And who am i to know who i am
For my life isn't to know who i am
But to change who i am
Life is meaningless the Teacher quotes
So who i am is not who i am, but what i am
im a follower, thats who i am
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Branden Aeling )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai
- Your Possible Futures, Joseph Archer
- Winters Descent, Babbling Brookes
- Wintersummertime, Joseph Archer
- The ComeBack, Asma Riaz Khan
- Dreams, Sergio D'Amico
- Untitled (We Were On A Train), Joseph Archer
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath