Who Am I?
What do you see?
Is it me?
When you stare in my eyes do you see?
Is it me?
Or is it a mask to which i hide from you?
But is it?
I am blind to this world around me
But to the things unseen
I truly see what is to be
My heart has never been to keen
But my mind is a sharp as a nail
but my soul is as riped as the veil
Time plays tricks to your mind
Always wondering and pondering new thoughts
wisdom is what my mind stalks
To many times have i pondered
Who am I?
To little time have i wondered
What am I?
Am i the man they claim to see
This darkened mess with no glee
Yet i sit hear with my mind so clear
wondering if they see what is in a mirror
I toy with ever thought with every parable i speak
yet i see nothing wrong with being weak, being meek
So who am I, why don't you tell me
Can't you see?
Im a man who loves to preach
yet what do you see that is free?
I am not guilty of any lie any sin
For my God died to give me that win
So who are you to see, and judge
And who am i to know who i am
For my life isn't to know who i am
But to change who i am
Life is meaningless the Teacher quotes
So who i am is not who i am, but what i am
im a follower, thats who i am
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Branden Aeling )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid