Who Am I?
“Who am I, you ask? ”
I am a narrative in the making,
A happy ending not yet told;
A plot unapologetically thickening,
An unedited pagination in bold.
I am a breath worth breathing,
Escaping death with each blow;
Avoiding over speculating
When the last one will flow.
I am faith in motion,
More enlightened via the personal
Than stage-like public spectacle.
I am desire, craving daily to be known,
Not forced into isolation to venture alone;
But absorbing each new sunrise and sunset
Providing the gift of another day for riveting embrace.
I am a friend worth having;
A reliable man worth confiding.
Gratefully ineligible to adjudicate,
In the now, fearlessly merciful.
I am honesty’s new best friend,
A quest for truth continually probing;
A current of transparency untainted,
Longing for a nonjudgmental landing.
Vaughn Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Vaughn Wood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR