Who are you?
Are you a chameleon?
Always slow and innocent
Ostensibly minding own business
But really employing your camouflage
To escape suspicion and notice
From hideous crimes perpetrated
Are you a mirage?
Always basking in the blazing sun
Seemingly within easy reach
But using your ability to swing swiftly
To avoid a mere touch
Selfishly ensuring your safety.
Are you quick-sand
Always appearing harmless
Obviously just sand to be trodden on
Deceptively using you resemblance of sand
To invite people to trample on you
Swallowing them in the process.
Are you a fair-weather friend
Around when the going is good
Seen when happiness is the mood
Present when partying is the mode
But melts away during hard times
And is never a witness to high tide
Are you an all-weather friend
Around for better or for worse
Seen during parties and funerals
Sincerely sharing in pleasure and pain
A faithful friend in real need
A firm friend indeed.
Emmanuel Oduro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who are you? by Emmanuel Oduro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones
- My Love, My God, Lilly Emery
- انتخاب واحد, Zahra Shariat
- Have We Meet Each Other Before?, Poetheart (back)
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery