Who Can I Trust? (1989)
Who can I trust with my deepest secrets?
Who can I trust when my world falls apart?
When everyone's lying and deceiving
Who can i trust with my heart?
Should I trust no one but myself?
To keep my life I must be circumspect.
Keeping quiet, telling no one but God,
He already knows the effect.
I'll never believe the people again,
The people who have hurt me once before.
The saddest part is I'll never be trusting
Of anyone any more.
How can I be certain that I won't be hurt?
How could someone hide themselves so well?
When everyone's lying and deceiving,
How can anyone tell?
Jodie Phillips's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Can I Trust? (1989) by Jodie Phillips )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)