Who Can I Trust? (1989)
Who can I trust with my deepest secrets?
Who can I trust when my world falls apart?
When everyone's lying and deceiving
Who can i trust with my heart?
Should I trust no one but myself?
To keep my life I must be circumspect.
Keeping quiet, telling no one but God,
He already knows the effect.
I'll never believe the people again,
The people who have hurt me once before.
The saddest part is I'll never be trusting
Of anyone any more.
How can I be certain that I won't be hurt?
How could someone hide themselves so well?
When everyone's lying and deceiving,
How can anyone tell?
Jodie Phillips's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Can I Trust? (1989) by Jodie Phillips )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola