And when I'm coming down
again, at the thought of it,
I didn't sense the purpose
of the Sun, filling me up
with a radiant love,
Struck with blind whims,
mulling over old things,
used to think I could make
the world sing out anew,
Words, don't really mean
anything, until you address
'love is a standard - leaping
out of the window, of yr heart! '
And when I'm flying thru the sky
or the hoop, Bah-Japa-Rappa-Papa!
just a few more bricks
how can the world exist?
We'll make that board meeting
at ten then, everybody can do
what they like, but I'll do
Skin of the grape
cash mixed with honour
as soon as the bloods dry
that's what I like...
But just who is that coming now -
riding on a tiger...
R-i-d-i-n-g- o-n- a- t-i-g-e-r...
In the shadow of cities,
where I've slaughtered my brain
senseless, crying, what am i doing
here, where am I going...
And like a man half attempting
to run away, hid in perpetual
booziness, fleeting moments,
Great sophistication, of modernity
eating into me like a thousand
posh buildings, chewing me with
their bricks - ah! the shame of failure!
A black chandelier rattling underneath
my hair, that crashes down beneath
well I got up today,
felt sticky with thought,
my breath stinking still
from drinking 'Old Rosie! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHO CARES... by GRANT FRASER )
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fall Festival, stephanie mellisa kievaughan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)