Who Deserves Who?
Desdemona was a lily, pure white;
Othello was a beetle, utter black.
Their consents solemnized their marriage.
So there is no question of who deserved who.
Othello feared the public opinion,
Suspected Desdemona’s fidelity
And put an end to her and to himself.
Liking each other is what deserving each other.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Deserves Who? by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Christmas in July, Marilyn Lott
- Fountains, Tom Squires
- Recognized goodness, gajanan mishra
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious