Who I am
I'm not a risk taker. I'm the one who stands in the background encouraging others to shine and giving them love leaving none for myself without them knowing it.
I'm not a loud person. I am the one sitting in the back and suffering in silence as the terrible days pass but no one can see my invisible tears and scars and the ones who do don't care.
I'm not mean. I love with the passion of the sun but can't find anyone to share it with even through miles of searching.
I am not an attention seeker. I cause pain to myself because without it I am left numb and abandoned by what I thought was the goodness in my soul but turned out to be fakeness built on deception and lies.
I AM ME.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Who I am by Unknown Ever )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Extension, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Of the old church, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Who will sit when bound to lose?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Jewelry of the heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To begin with, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Into deep light, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Small perversion In repetition, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Every day dreams, Emmanuel George Cefai
- So many lines, Emmanuel George Cefai