Bijay Kant Dubey
Who's The Girl Singing A Song?
Who's the girl singing a song
And the wind carrying the sweetness of the golden voice,
Whistling and humming,
Singing very nasally,
Very lovely in tuning?
The girl I cannot see, but the song I can hear
Carried by the wind,
Cold, snowy and misty,
Just the loveful heart I can feel it.
The girl in the dark singing a song so sweet in her tone,
So golden in her voice,
An English lilting beautifully,
What to call her, that unnamed girl?
I know her not, just can feel her voice by being at the crossroad
Of life from where I have to go away,
Farther and farther away from,
The shores unimaginable,
Just hearing the songs of humanity resounding as love songs.
I want to go, cross over the seas and want to ask her,
Her name, identity and whereabouts,
But the distance so far and farther away,
Just reverberates the song sung by her,
Striking the heart so miserably.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who's The Girl Singing A Song? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)