why do I get excited when the phone blinks your name?
why my heart does a somersault when it hears your voice?
why do I get thrilled to your touch?
why does your warmth bring such an ecstasy which was unknown to me?
why does your presence mean so much to me?
why am I in tears sometimes thinking of you?
why can't you come and meet me soon, my dearest, to answer all my 'whys'?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Gayathri Ramasubramanian )
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
- Taking Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)