Why Am I So Happy Sometimes?
WHY AM I SO HAPPY SOMETIMES?
Why am I so happy sometimes?
I just don’t understand-
When I was a child
I could never understand
What the word ‘happiness’ meant-
Now in my old age
I just do not understand the happiness
That overwhelms me sometimes-
Just sitting reading and writing
The happiness that overwhelms me
And makes me thank God
I am alive.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I So Happy Sometimes? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)