Why Boniface Was Canonized
Boniface cut down
The millenial tree's
back he broke
its leafly cloak.
Smashed and silenced
tree frogs' croaks
Many have cut down
trees of pine
and forest birch
for wooden church.
Saiom Shriver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
one of many documenting the many hundreds
of studies establishing plant sentience, tree
feelings, etc. Boniface was canonized after
being killed by German nonChristians whose
sacred tree he killed. King Solomon also
killed millenial cedars of Lebanon.
Pope Francis: March 19,2013:
We must protect all creation.
Comments about this poem (Why Boniface Was Canonized by Saiom Shriver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer
- Praying Peace, Aftab Alam
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou