Why Boniface Was Canonized
Boniface cut down
The millenial tree's
back he broke
its leafly cloak.
Smashed and silenced
tree frogs' croaks
Many have cut down
trees of pine
and forest birch
for wooden church.
Saiom Shriver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
one of many documenting the many hundreds
of studies establishing plant sentience, tree
feelings, etc. Boniface was canonized after
being killed by German nonChristians whose
sacred tree he killed. King Solomon also
killed millenial cedars of Lebanon.
Pope Francis: March 19,2013:
We must protect all creation.
Comments about this poem (Why Boniface Was Canonized by Saiom Shriver )
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #05, Ronjoy Brahma
- Changing Thoughts, Akhtar Jawad
- Lament, Sylvia Plath